Sunday, December 27, 2009

Dashel Edward

Well the little guy FINALLY made an appearance. I told him that since I let him cook for as long as he wanted he'd better give me a fast and easy delivery. I didn't get the easy part but it was definitely fast, the Doctor on call didn't even make it there in time! My water broke about 5 am so we went to the birthing center shortly after that. Once they checked the baby's heart beat and got me hooked up I was able to get the webcam set up with Kirby and even chatted with him a while. That was a big morale boost just knowing he knew I was there and that it was happening. I walked up and down the halls until about 11:30 and thought things were getting pretty close. Turned out I was still only 2cm. The nurse (who was absolutely awesome by the way) told me not to get discouraged and that I just needed to turn the corner and it would happen quickly. The next two hours were absolutely horrible but then she checked me and I was 9cm and having the baby. I heard her say to my mom that the Dr wasn't going to make it, the nurse sat right on the side of the bed and delivered the baby. It was very civil war era feeling. The Dr did make it eventually. I was just so happy it was over. About 15 minutes later Kirby called in and I told him I had had the baby. He was surprised and I was able to hold Dashel up so he could see him. It was a very special moment.

This is the same look I had after I had Oliver, like I can't quite figure out what just happened.



Talking to Kirby on the computer

Dashel Edward
8lbs 4 oz
December 24, 2009
2:16pm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is such a cutie! HOw come you didnt tell me you had a blog?

Since you showed me yours I'll show you mine .. www.workingmomma247.wordpress.com