Living on a street mainly made up of other army families is a nice feeling. There's a connection you feel with them, even if you never formally meet and only see each other in passing. People understand your situation because they are going through much of the same things. I would feel comfortable knocking on any one of their doors if I was in need. Since Kirby's been gone my neighbors have mowed my lawn, invited me over for dinner numerous times, and our neighborhood doctor even made a house call when I thought Oliver might be getting pink eye. We are there for each other in a way that most neighbors are not. Never is that more evident than when there is a loss. I found out yesterday that our neighbor Joe was killed in Iraq. The news ripped through our street and our hearts. Everyone felt it, regardless if they were close to him and and his wife or not. Its devastating news for us all. You know it could just as easily have been you getting that horrible news, no one is immune. Its just another part of Army life, a part no one likes to think about, but that we all hold in the back of our minds.
Please keep all our fallen soldiers in you hearts and minds and tell your own loved ones what they mean to you everyday.
Mary's Birthday
-
I can't believe I have been a Mother for 8 years! Mary is the sweetest
oldest kid anyone could ask for. She asked to have a few of her little
friends ove...
11 years ago




2 comments:
Gina,
You know we will pray for Joe and his wife. I pray at every Mass for Ed, SPC Palacios, and now Joe. I also pray in gratitude and thanks to God for keeping Kirby safe and returning him to us.
Thank you for being strong and there for Joe's wife. You do good work.
Love,
Jerilou
I am so sorry, Gina.
Janis
Post a Comment