Tuesday, October 26, 2010

10 Months and 10 Miles

On Sunday Dashel turned ten months old and I ran ten miles. This was a huge accomplishment for me, not only because I had a baby ten months ago, but because up until about about 5 weeks ago I had never ran more than 2 miles. Ever. Having a group of ladies, also with babies, training for the half marathon is really the best motivation. The weather was cold and began to rain and we just did it anyway. Only three more weeks till the half marathon. Its going to be really fun and a once in a lifetime experience to run it in Italy.

Back to little Dashy Boo. He's still getting better at his walking. Its comparable to someone learning to ski. He can stand up, get going, but once he starts he goes too fast and doesn't know how to stop. He only feels comfortable walking to me because he knows I'll catch him. Once he gets the hang of stopping he'll be off. Other than that he's just being a crazy little baby. Playing with cars, tapping his foot to music, waving goodbye and giving the best hugs ever. He's just such a great little guy!


Why is the sun so bright?






Paccy smile



Stay tuned for pictures of the boys in their costumes!!

2 comments:

Sara said...

I would offer to run with you at Christmas but I don't think I could keep up with you! Dashel is looking more like a little boy and less like a baby.

Gina said...

Sara we can totally run at Christmas, I run VERY VERY slowly. Its barely called running at all, hehe!