Thursday, October 1, 2009

Florence

This past weekend we jumped on the train to Florence. We are getting pretty good at navigating the Italian train system and even helped an American tourist buy her tickets on our way home. When we were in Rome with Kirby's parents we popped into this hotel called the Minerva to change Oliver's diaper. It was a very nice hotel and Kirby said he wanted to come back and stay there sometime. I looked it up and saw that there was also one in Florence and since we hadn't been there yet we decided to stay at that one instead. It was walking distance from the train station and overlooked a great courtyard.









That night we found a Mexican restaurant to our surprise and ate there, cause frankly we are sick of Italian food. The next day we went to the Ufizzi Gallery and did a lot of walking and exploring the city.






The next day we shopped at the local market that was going on and I got a few nice things, we ate more gelato then headed home. It was a great trip and the last big outing I think we will make before the baby comes. All that walking nearly did me in!


1 comment:

Jerilou said...

Looks like you had a great trip. The photos made me miss Florence and you all! I can't believe how much Oliver is growing and changing - he is starting to look a bit like Kirby! Love to all,
Jerilou