Friday, February 27, 2009

Ski Trip to Panarotta

Kirby and I got to go on an overnight ski trip recently while my mom stayed with Oliver. We had a blast. There were only four other people on the trip including the trip manager so that was nice. We drove up early in the morning and got right down to skiing. It wasn't as nice of a place as the time we went before, but MUCH more beginner friendly. There was a nice little bunny trail that I was able to go on and actually get a handle on myself. I did that slope over and over and over the first day. That night we stayed at this little hotel and had a great meal and lots of drinks around the fireplace. The next day we hit the slopes and I have to say by the afternoon I was able to go on most of the runs. Granted I was still making huge zig zags and taking my time, but it was pretty fun to not feel like you are going to go out of control. One of the coolest things that happened was as we were riding up the lift I looked down on my jacket and saw these actual snowflakes. It was amazing. I haven't seen much snow in my life and I don't think I've ever seen one snowflake looking all snowflaky. They were pretty big too about a millimeter across. We are already planning our next trip!






No comments: