When I buy new toothbrushes for me and Kirby, I always buy a pink one and a blue one. That way all the confusion is cleared up and I don't have to say, yours is the red one and mine is the green one. Then a few months later, yours is purple and mine is yellow. I try to keep it simple, pink for the girl and blue for the boy.
During the day its easy to think that Kirby is at work, I go about my day and don't think much about him being really gone. But then I go to brush my teeth and there in the cup is the lone pink toothbrush. No blue one in sight. I am reminded of how he isn't just at work, he's really far away and will be for a long time. Long enough that he needed to take his toothbrush with him. I never realized how comforting seeing those two toothbrushes together was. And how hard it would be to see his missing. Weird how a toothbrush could be a metaphor for life, but here I am, a little pink toothbrush with no blue one to keep me company in the cup.
On a slightly less deep note, I'm sort of surprised he even took his toothbrush with him. He has notoriously bad brushing habits. But I love him anyway:)
* I know I have terrible grammar and punctuation, but I think my spelling is pretty good! Worrying about comma splices really dampens the creative juices. -gina
Mary's Birthday
-
I can't believe I have been a Mother for 8 years! Mary is the sweetest
oldest kid anyone could ask for. She asked to have a few of her little
friends ove...
11 years ago




3 comments:
I like how you keep it simple. I have the same problem when I go visit my parents. I leave one there but can never remember what color is mine. It never dawned on me to do pink and blue . . . so simple yet why didn't I think of that?
I really like the comment in tiny little (look, it's redundant ;) letters at the bottom of your post. I used to correct my misspelled words in others' comment boxes...
I really tried to make the boys brush their teeth. I'm glad Kirby took his with him. At least I had limited success! We think about him constantly and we were happy to hear that he got to go to Rome on his birthday. Blessings on you, Kirby! Oliver is fabulous. All our love, Gina.
Jerilou
Post a Comment